Posted on Thursday 29th June 2017
Adult Social care employers will have the chance to shine as nominations open for the annual Skills for Care Accolades celebrating outstanding service provision.
Every one of England’s 19,300 social care organisations can enter the Skills for Care’s 2018 Accolades online and is a chance to them to showcase what makes their hard working teams the best.
The Accolades were created by Skills for Care to recognise excellence and innovation offered by adult social care providers in our communities where 1.43 million workers offer care and support to millions of people.
Accolades finalists say it is an opportunity to show off how high quality care and support provision changes people’s lives on a national stage and making the final really boosts staff morale as their teams feel valued for the dedication and hard work they put day in and day out.
Skills for Care CEO Sharon Allen said: “Our job is to support the learning and development needs of the adult social workforce and the Accolades are a chance for employers to show off all the great things that happen when you invest in your staff.
“Adult social care needs to shout from the rooftops about how good local services, so this is their chance to shine, and have a much deserved turn in the spotlight. I’ve seen for myself how it much it means for all our Accolades finalists to have national recognition for their teams.”
The 2018 awards categories are:
- Best employer of under 50 staff
- Best employer of between 51 and 249 staff
- Best employer of over 250 staff
- Best individual who employs their own care and support staff
- Best employer support for your registered manager(s)
- Best social care apprentice employer
- Best recruitment initiative
- Most effective approach to leadership and management
- Most effective approach to integrated new models of care
- Best endorsed provider of learning and development
The Accolades are open to organisations of all sizes and individual employers. For the first time this year all entries will be online at www.skillsforcare.org.uk/accolades.
The closing date is Thursday 21 September 2017 and the winners will be announced at an awards ceremony in London in March 2018.