Posted on Tuesday 1st August 2017
Today welcomes the return of the bookshop summer sale, a whole month where you can save money on our top publications.
We’re committed to ensuring the adult social care workforce has the right knowledge, skills and values to provide the highest quality of care, and our resources can help you do just that.
We have a range of products available for both employers and staff on our bookshop at discounted prices this August.
The Manager Induction Standards workbook (£70)
Available for new, current or aspiring managers, the Manager Induction Standards (MIS) sets out what a manager needs to know and understand to perform well in their role.
- They can be used in all care settings and are a measure of good practice.
- The workbook includes exercises, templates and a blank certificate, with a USB containing electronic versions that can save on repeat learning.
- Through using the toolkit you can meet the standards without having to invest in expensive external training.
Was £75, NOW £70 – don’t MIS out!
Mental Capacity Act cards x25 (£5)
Everyone working in care must have an awareness of the Mental Capacity Act (MCA) 2005. It protects those who may lack the mental capacity and allows them to make their own decisions about the care and support they receive. Our popular MCA cards are a bookshop best-seller.
- The cards outline the five principles of the act in an accessible format for everyone.
- Pocket-sized, they come in packs of 25 and can be given out to staff to be kept handy when needed.
Pocket them whilst you can for the limited price of £5!
‘Effective supervision’ and ‘Effective workplace assessment’ (as a bundle for £30)
Effective supervision is important to everyone. Ineffective supervision can damage a workplace culture and lead to reduced productivity, an increase in absences and impact the quality of care being delivered.
- This guide provides helpful advice, tips and the benefits of supervision.
- It’s not just intended for supervisors, those being supervised can also learn about what’s to be expected.
Effective workplace assessment ensures everyone is doing their job to the best of their abilities. Assessing your workers is essential to know that they can deliver safe and effective care.
- This guide can help you to effectively train and assess anyone new to working in the sector before they can work unsupervised.
- Employers have a responsibility under the Care Certificate to adequately assess their workers competence, and the guide can help meet the minimum standards.
Both guides are available now as a bundle for ONLY £30, saving you £10!
The ‘Learning through Work’ series
All care staff must have core skills, including basic literacy, numeracy and communication skills to ensure they feel confident and are capable as part of their role. Our seven bite-sized booklets come in packs of 10 and cover:
- Number skills
- Writing skills
- Using numbers
- Reporting and other care work writing (individual copies out of stock, only available in learner and manager pack)
- Talking about bodily functions and feelings
- Talking about how much, how often
- Physical health.
Save £3 on each pack – available now for £5!
We also have a guide for managers and learners. The 'Learning through Work' guide for learners (£4) and the guide for managers (£5) includes each of these titles, and our manager pack includes additional cards with helpful tips on how to use each booklet. 'Reporting and other care work writing' is now only available in these two offers.
So don't miss out on these great savings. The #SFCsummersale is on throughout August! Visit our bookshop now.