Our Chair Dame Moira Gibb
Our board is employer led with 60% of members being employers in the adult social care sector.
The board meets four times a year to make strategic decisions about the charity.
Members have four main duties.
- Safeguard and promote the values and mission of Skills for Care.
- Determine the strategy and structure of Skills for Care.
- Ensure Skills for Care operates in an effective, responsible and accountable manner.
- Ensure the effective functioning of Skills for Care’s board.
Our board members are:
- Dame Moira Gibb DBE - Chair
- Helen Wilcox MBE (Vice Chair) – Executive Director, Woodford Homecare
- Peter Beresford OBE - Professor of Social Policy at Brunel University London
- Des Kelly OBE - Executive Director of the National Care Forum
- Mark Lever – Chief Executive, National Autistic Society
- Deborah McKenzie - Director of Organisational and Workforce Development, Public Health England
- Nina Osborne – Service user
- Judith Salmon – Director, JS Consultants UK Limited
- Stephen Sloss - CEO of Salvere Social Enterprise CIC
- David Sutton - Managing Director of Scene Enterprises CIC
- Neil Taylor - Director of Community Services, Jewish Care
- Frank Ursell – CEO, Registered Nursing Home Association
- Brian Walsh OBE – retired, formerly Head of People, Coventry City Council
Skills for Care board briefing June 2016