Our Chair Dame Moira Gibb
Our board is employer led with 60% of members being employers in the adult social care sector.
The board meets four times a year to make strategic decisions about the charity.
We're looking for new trustees to join our board. Find out more and apply before 18 December 2017.
Members have four main duties.
- Safeguard and promote the values and mission of Skills for Care.
- Determine the strategy and structure of Skills for Care.
- Ensure Skills for Care operates in an effective, responsible and accountable manner.
- Ensure the effective functioning of Skills for Care’s board.
Our board members are:
- Dame Moira Gibb DBE - Chair
- Helen Wilcox MBE - Vice Chair - Executive Director, Woodford Homecare
- Louise Bladen - Director, Home Affairs value for money audit at UK National Audit Office
- Des Kelly OBE - Retired, formerly Executive Director of the National Care Forum
- Mark Lever - Chief Executive, National Autistic Society
- Neil Taylor - Director of Community Services, Jewish Care
- Samantha Jones - Director for the New Care Models National Programme, NHS England
- Sue McMillan - Retired, formerly Deputy Chief Inspector, Care Quality Commission
- Paul Snell - CEO of Walsingham Support
- Paul Kingston - Professor of ageing and mental health, University of Chester
- Munira Thobani - Independent executive coach and organisational development consultant
- Rachael Wardell, Corporate Director - Communities, West Berkshire Council