Entries for this years Accolades have now closed. A massive thank you to all of our entrants, we have received some great stories to share. The awards will be taking place on Thursday 12 March 2015 at the Park Plaza Victoria, London.
Skills for Care understands the importance of recognising workforce quality and development. All too often our sector doesn’t draw the nation’s attention to our sector’s successes but the Accolades provide an opportunity to do just that. They are not awarded to individual care workers but rather to organisations and employers who are committed to delivering high quality care and developing their workforce.
Here's what some of our winners have said about the Accolades:
"We were thrilled to win such a prestigious award and to be recoggnised for our achievements, we would recommend any employer to enter"
Carina Monnelly-Owen, Friendship Care and Housing, Accoaldes Winner
"Securing the award [an Accolade] raised the profile and validated the work we do at the Pod. I would recommend any employer applies - best practice needs to be recognised and celebrated"
Christine Eade, The Pod, Coventry City Council, Accolades Winner
“Winning a national award has really helped raise the profile of our business... I would recommend any employer to enter as it has had a hugely positive impact across our organisation.”
Andrew Azzopardi Managing Director at Sunnyside House, Accolades
The details below provides information on the timetable, judging process, sponsorship and rules of entry.
To achieve an Accolade proves an organisation’s success in achieving the highest standards of workforce development within social care. As well as celebrating best practice, the Accolades provide an excellent platform in which to showcase best practice to the wider sector - especially when an applicant describes a new initiative or way of working.
What would winning an Accolade mean for you as an employer?
Hear our Winner of Winners 2013/14, Westminster Society for People with Learning Disabilities, to find out.
- Thursday 4 September 2014 entries close
- Friday 12 September 2014 Accolades applicants told that they have been put forward
- September/October 2014 Area judging panels to take place
- October/November 2014 Verification visits to short listed applicants
- January 2015 National judging day
- February 2015 Winner of Winners panel
- Thursday 12 March 2015 Park Plaza Victoria, London gala event
Our sponsors help to make the Accolades the great success that it is. As well as having promotional opportunities, being a sponsor allows you to attend the gala event and to meet all of our fantastic finalists.
To view our sponsors for the Accolades 14/15 and to find out more information about becoming a sponsor please click here.
The procedure is as follows:
Stage 1 – initial judging
- A judging panel of Skills for Care staff assesses the entry forms.
- Each panel considers the entries for one category and selects three finalists to be shortlisted for the next stage.
Stage 2 – verification visits
- A member of the judging panel will visit the short listed finalists to verify the information submitted in the nentry form to ensure it is valid, reliable and authentic. A report will be submitted to support each verification visit.
Stage 3 – national judging
- A judging panel of social care experts will then use the entry forms and the verification visit reports to select a winner for each category.
Stage 4 – Winner of Winners judging
- The winner of each category then goes before a panel of sector leaders who decide which of the category winners should receive the Winner of Winners award.
Rules of entry
Please read the document below before entering the Accolades. If you have any questions about any of the rules or eligibility please email email@example.com.