The role of a director in social care is fast paced and high pressured. New directors, or those aspiring to take up director positions, are often required to rapidly enhance their leadership skills and political intelligence to positively impact on the workforce and services they oversee.
The New Directors leadership programme, developed in partnership with the Association of Directors of Adult Social Services (ADASS), is designed to give you the knowledge, skills and tools you need to perform effectively as a senior leader in a director role.
The programme will expand the scope of your impact and influence by working through key challenges with peers, as well as experienced directors and senior leaders from health and social care from across the public, private and third sectors.
This programme will also help your local authority with succession planning by supporting the development of a talent pipeline of skilled, capable and caring new directors of adult social services in the future.
Benefits to you:
- rapid up-skilling to help your performance as a director
- enhanced communication and influencing skills
- increased political intelligence to improve the impact you have over the systems you oversee
- learning from experienced directors and political leaders from across the care sector
- peer coaching through a network of other directors and aspiring directors to help you with work based challenges.
There are two cohors of this programme, one beginning in November 2016, the other starting in January 2017. To express your interest please email email@example.com.
The Top Leaders programme is for those in the most senior positions in social care and health from private, public and third sector organisations. This leadership development programme will provide you with the opportunity to build integrated peer networks with other leaders in senior positions and to collectively reflect on workplace challenges and the systems you oversee.
The programme focuses on the fast changing issues facing the social care and health sectors and how you can individually and collectively influence positive change. There’ll be opportunities to explore your personal leadership style, reflect on your workplace challenges and improve your performance to achieve impact across service and system boundaries.
Benefits to you:
- explore and develop your personal leadership style in order to best meet your workplace challenges
- increase your influence and impact as a senior leader within your organisation across health and social care services
- learn from best practice examples of leadership through exposure to sector leaders and senior policy figures from health and social care
- access support from a strong network of peers working at a senior level in leadership roles across the care sector.
There are still places left on the next cohort of this programme, which begins in autumn 2016. To express your interest please email firstname.lastname@example.org.