Being a member means that you can access many benefits to support your role, including:
- a copy of our ‘Social care manager’s handbook’ with a membership certificate. Renewing members will receive a printed copy of our ‘Good and outstanding care’ guide: workbook edition
- a monthly members’ newsletter containing ‘cut out and keep’ updates to add to your handbook
- discounts on Skills for Care resources and leadership development programmes, including our Well-led programme and our Moving Up programme.
- discounts on Skills for Care's CQC seminars and bespoke support.
- the opportunity to train to become a mentor or receive mentoring
- access to electronic resources catalogued online to help you with your role and our LinkedIn forum, exclusive to registered managers
- the membership logo to use on communication materials
- an online toolkit to help you compare your leadership against the Leadership Qualities Framework
- discounted access to HR support
- guaranteed, free access to the Digital Champions Network, run by Digital Unite
- the chance to take your membership with you. If you move to another care organisation as a registered manager, you’ll continue to receive all the benefits.
Become a part of our growing community of registered managers across England. Choose the membership option that’s right for you.
- Join for 12 months - for only £35 and receive our 90-page registered manager handbook.
- Renew - already a member? You can renew early and receive the ‘Good and outstanding care’ guide: workbook edition. We will add 12 months to your existing membership, from your renewal date.
- Bulk-buy – buy 10 or more memberships and receive a 10% discount.Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information about bulk purchases.
You can renew your membership at any time by logging into your membership portal here. There are some useful tips in our Frequently Asked Questions document here.
If you renew early you will receive the ‘Good and outstanding care’ guide: workbook edition. We will add 12 months to your existing membership from your renewal date.
We like to keep up-to-date with what our members are doing and share best practice, ideas, news and information. In this area of the site, we will add links to blogs from members and those that are relevant to your role.
It's all about people and time
Shirley Steeples, registered manager at Princess Marina House, run by the RAF Benevolent Fund, shares their best practice initiative on combating loneliness and social isolation for serving and former RAF personnel.
How do you like your toast? I like mine burnt
Gail Godson, Registered Manager, tells us about her approach to person-centred care at Home Instead in West Lancashire & Chorley.
Registered managers are at the helm of a positive culture
Registered Manager Beth Cheffings at Ridge House Residential Home talks about when the CQC awarded the care the ‘Outstanding’ rating in May 2017. They praised the culture of the home and Beth’s hands-on approach to management.
Registered managers need that sense of belonging
Having worked in the public and voluntary social care sector for over 30 years, Sharon Allen, CEO of Skills for Care, has first-hand insight into the sector and what registered managers experience in their frontline roles on a daily basis. She shares her personal experience and talks about what worked for her and those services she managed.
Collaborative working is key to delivering outstanding care
Claire Jackson is the registered manager at Inter-County Nursing and Care Services in Christchurch. When the service received their Outstanding rating in 2016, the CQC praised Claire’s approach to developing her own practice. She talks about their approach to delivering outstanding care
Investing in top quality leaders and managers
Melanie Holloway from Metropolitan - one of the UK’s leading providers of affordable housing and care and support services – says it's vital to invest in your registered managers and discusses the support put in place across their organisation.
If you have any news to share or would be interested in talking to us about a blog, please contact email@example.com.