Show that you develop your knowledge, keep up-to-date and engage with other managers. Through registered manager membership, we can help you make even more of a difference and achieve the recognition you deserve.
Membership helps to maintain and grow the profile of the registered manager role. It costs just £35 a year to join the National Skills Academy for Social Care as a registered manager.
Membership gives you access to exclusive resources. New members receive a hard copy of our 90-page registered managers handbook and renewing members receive a hard copy of our ‘Good and outstanding care’ guide: workbook edition. Existing managers who want this guide but aren’t due to renew, can renew early – adding a full 12 months to their existing membership and receive the 'Good and outstanding care' guide: workbook edition (to be distributed from April 2017).
All members get monthly newsletters which include an update for your handbook, useful information and best practice examples. You'll be joining a community of professionals across England to raise the profile of the crucial job you do. Skills for Care is the home of the National Skills Academy for Social Care.
Thinking about buying membership for a group of managers?
Email firstname.lastname@example.org for information about discounts on bulk purchases.
Our registered manager members receive:
- a copy of the Registered Managers Handbook with a membership certificate, or for renewing members a hard copy of our ‘Good and outstanding’ guide: workbook edition, which will be distributed from April 2017
- an exclusive members' newsletter containing monthly ‘cut out and keep’ updates to add to your handbook
- discounts on Skills for Care resources and leadership development programmes, including our Well-led programme
- the opportunity to train to become a mentor or receive mentoring
- access to electronic resources catalogued online to help you with your role and our LinkedIn forum, exclusive to registered managers
- the registered manager’s member logo to use on communication materials
- an online toolkit to help you compare your leadership against the Leadership Qualities Framework
- discounted access to HR support