Participants will join a local cohort of new registered managers and will:
- tackle issues, challenges and opportunities through joining an action learning set (a small group) or mentoring
- have registered manager membership of Skills for Care bought for them, for two years, with access to exclusive resources, monthly newsletters and discounts on products and services
- attend three face-to-face events with other new managers and Skills for Care; tailored around their needs and interests
- have access to a scheduled series of seven webinars on specific topics, relevant to their role; participants must join a minimum of four webinars
- have opportunities to develop their reflective practice
- complete a gap analysis against the Manager Induction Standards (MIS) and produce a Personal Development Plan (PDP).
At the end of the pilot participants will have received structured support, increased their knowledge and established a solid base for their continued professional development (CPD).
- Norfolk (East England)
- Bristol, Bath and North East Somerset, North Somerset and South Gloucestershire (South West)*
- Leyland (North West)
- Lincolnshire (Midlands)*
- South East London (London & the South East)
- Durham (Yorkshire, Humber & the North East)
We are seeking applications from managers / services based in the areas where the pilot is running. Applicants must be able to travel to events run as part of the pilot. If the pilot is not running in your area, please contact your Skills for Care locality manager to hear more about how we can support you or visit our dedicated pages for registered managers.
*area using mentoring, as opposed to action learning.
We are looking for people new to the registered manager role, who have been in post for 12 months or less at the point of applying to join the pilot.
Places on this pilot are being offered at no cost. However, participants will be expected to commit to the full pilot and to take part in scheduled evaluation activity.
We anticipate a high level of interest in this pilot. As places are limited, applicants' responses in their expression of interest will be scored and used to shortlist participants. Given the numbers anticipated, we are unable to offer feedback to unsuccessful applicants.
We are seeking applications from managers / services based in the areas where the pilot is running. Applicants must be able to travel to events run as part of the pilot. We anticipate that events will involve managers being away from the office for a total of seven days over 12 months, Managers will be expected to join a minimum of four, 45-minute, desk-based webinars.
For more detailed information, as well as an expression of interest template, email firstname.lastname@example.org or contact your Skills for Care locality manager below:
If the pilot is not running in your area, please contact your Skills for Care locality manager to hear more about how we can support you or visit our dedicated pages for registered managers.