The National Minimum Data Set for Social Care (NMDS-SC)
The NMDS-SC allows Skills for Care to collect detailed information online about social care service providers and their employees. Social care providers can register, maintain and access their business information by setting up an account on NMDS-SC online. The data that you enter is being used across the whole sector to inform important decisions.
- Key decision makers use NMDS-SC data to make decisions about the sector - you can see who uses the data by viewing our infographic.
- Most account holders give permission to share their data with the Care Quality Commission for
pre-inspection packs and their Provider Information Return (PIR).
- Local Solutions in Liverpool talk about how they make the most of NMDS-SC in our case study video.
- Account holder data is anonymised and used in key reports 'size and structure of the adult social care sector and workforce and 'the 'state of the adult social care sector ' 2014
- Opening and maintaining an NMDS-SC account is relatively simple, but you do have to be organised. Our graphic shows how the account can be established and maintained.
- Download our main leaflet about NMDS-SC here.
- Our expert team of data analysts provide data analysis services as part of our consultancy and paid for service offer. Find out more about this here