This toolkit will help you to put social care values at the heart of your recruitment and selection.
It will help you to build a strong culture, support people develop their career and deliver high quality services.
The toolkit is made up of a range of information and resources..
Demonstrating values and measuring success
Working together to achieve workplace values
Recruiting and retaining for values
We’ve identified information and tips to help you:
- understand values
- identify workplace values
- embed values
- use values as part of the recruitment and selection process
- include values as part of induction
- use values in supervision, appraisal and performance reviews
- involve leaders and managers
- check your workplace values.
Order our value cards for your staff
This free resource provides top tips to help your workers understand workplace values. To order copies please email email@example.com
A study published in April 2016, suggests that employers taking a values based approach to recruitment and retention are reaping the rewards.
On the whole, employers using a values based approach to recruitment and retention reported:
- staff performed better
- staff had stronger care values
- a lower staff turnover
- a positive return on investment (£1.23 for evey £1 spent).