Terms and conditions
Skills for Care hereby grants visitors to this website access to these pages conditional upon agreement to the following terms and conditions and the terms of our privacy statement.
You hereby accept the application of the laws of England to govern matters between us in relation to this web site and you agree to indemnify us and not hold us liable for the result of any actions you may take based on the information contained herein.
Neither Skills for Care nor any of its employees, agents or sub-contractors make any warranty, expressed or implied, or assume any legal liability or responsibility for the accuracy or completeness of any information contained on this site or any web site referred to nor that these web pages will be free from errors or that its availability will be uninterrupted. Skills for Care does not warrant that the information on this site is suitable for the purposes for which you may need it or use it. Skills for Care cannot be held responsible for the contents of any pages referred to by an external link. A reference on this site to any persons, products, web sites or services does not constitute or imply their endorsement, recommendation or favouring by Skills for Care, its employees, agents or sub-contractors.
All copyright to Skills for Care publications and their contents is vested in Skills for Care unless stated otherwise. Although Skills for Care has used its reasonable endeavours in compiling these publications it does not guarantee nor shall it be responsible for reliance upon the contents of the publications and shall not be liable for any false, inaccurate or incomplete information. Any reliance placed upon the contents by the reader is at the reader's sole risk and Skills for Care shall not be liable for any consequences of such reliance.
Restrictions on use of web site
The materials and information contained on this web site (Content) and all copyright and other intellectual property rights therein belong to Skills for Care or its content providers. You are hereby granted permission to access the Site and print a copy of the page as a record of your visit. Material from this website may be freely reproduced with acknowledgment for education and training purposes, but may not be used for sale or profit without the written permission of Skills for Care.
Posting or transmitting to or from this web site any unlawful, threatening, libelous, defamatory, obscene, scandalous, inflammatory, pornographic, or profane material, or any other material that could give rise to any civil or criminal liability under the law, is prohibited.
Information you submit to us
Personal information about you which you submit to us will be governed by the terms of our privacy statement.
In relation to all other information you submit you hereby agree and warrant
- that such material or information is not confidential or proprietary and Skills for Care shall be free to use any such information in any manner for any purpose without charge or liability to you and you agree not to take any action against Skills for Care in relation to the use of such material or information.
- that you own or have unrestricted rights to the material or information submitted to Skills for Care and you shall indemnify and render Skills for Care harmless against any and all claims, suits proceedings, expenses, recoveries and damages including court costs and lawyers fees and expenses of any type whatsoever, brought against Skills for Care in connection with infringement of third party rights in respect of the material or information that you submitted.
- to take reasonable steps to ensure that the material or information is free from any known computer viruses, or other contaminates, including but not limited to any code or instructions that may be used to modify damage disable or compromise the security of this web site, or Skills for Care computer systems or networks.
Skills for Care reserves the right to revise, withdraw or restrict access to the Content of this web site in whole or in part at any time without prior notice. Please check this page periodically for changes. Your continued use of the Skills for Care site following the posting of changes to these terms and conditions means you accept the changes.
We may use some automation such as tools that generate tweets from RSS feeds.
Our followers can expect approximately 50 tweets a week, although this may increase if there are a series of major announcements, for instance.
Our tweets will cover some or all of the following:
- alerts about new content on our websites (enews, publications, Accolades, annual conference. area news/events etc.)
- invitations to provide feedback on specific areas which we are consulting on
- re-tweets of information from other workforce development related sources, as appropriate.
If you follow @skillsforcarewe will not automatically follow you back. This is to discourage the use of direct messaging, avoid resource wasting spam handling and so that you can easily identify other key Twitter users that we think are relevant and who we follow. However, being followed by Skills for Care does not imply endorsement of any kind.
@replies and Direct Messages
We welcome feedback and ideas from all our followers, and endeavour to join conversations where possible. However, we may not be able to reply individually to all the messages we receive via Twitter.
We read all @replies and Direct Messages and ensure that any emerging themes or helpful suggestions are passed to relevant people in the organisation.
The usual ways of contacting us for official correspondence are detailed in the contact us and keep informedsections.
All users found to be violating these terms will be banned from further use.
CANCELLATIONS confirmed in writing 30 calendar days or more before the conference date will be refunded the basic attendance fee in full minus an administration fee of £25 plus VAT. Cancellations confirmed in writing between 29 and 15 calendar days (inclusive) will be refunded 50% of the basic attendance fee minus an administration fee of £25 plus VAT. We regret that no refund can be made 14 calendar days or less before the event date, although substitutions can be made at any time. Skills for Care are not able to offer refunds for cancellations arising from events outside of our control.
VENUE AND REGISTRATION DETAILS will be sent within 5 working days of the event date. We cannot be held responsible for non-arrival of this information, if you have not received within 5 days of the event date, please call us on 0113 2410975.
PROGRAMME AMENDMENTS Skills for Carereserves the right to alter the programme or venue without notice due to unforeseen circumstances.
CHANGE OF DETAILS Have your details changed, are they incorrect or you do not wish to receive any future mailings? Please email: email@example.com