Your CQC inspection – seminars and bespoke support
From 1 November 2017, new Care Quality Commission (CQC) inspection focus directly affects the way regulated care providers are inspected. If you’re a regulated service then you will be impacted, so you’ll need to be prepared, ahead of your next inspection.
You can access our adult social care expertise, either through our CQC seminars or through bespoke support that is tailored specifically for your service.
New CQC regulations seminar – making your inspection count
Wednesday 25 April 2018, London - Book now
Thursday 1 February 2018, London - Sold out
This was a very informative seminar and I now have improved my understanding of the requirements set out by CQC. Previous delegate
This one-day seminar supports regulated adult social care services to understand the CQC inspection changes introduced on 1 November 2017. We review these changes with delegates and help services to understand, prepare for and implement them within their service.
Aimed at adult social care registered managers, nominated individuals or those involved in the CQC inspection process within your service, this seminar uses our growing insight into what makes services good and outstanding to deliver key learning outcomes. They include:
- understanding the inspection approach - how this translates into management
- identifying resources to support workforce development and practice
- identifying key aspects which lead to enforcement powers being implemented and workforce practice
- identifying changes to inspection - exploring the impact on management & workforce practice
- identifying key aspects of good and outstanding care.
It is easy to spot a good leader. Their customers will be happy, involved in their care as much as possible. Their staff will be knowledgeable, inspiring, reflective and compassionate. Regulated care provider
You’ll also have the chance to network with your peers and discuss your service’s specific challenges and issues. We will draw on the latest best practice across adult social care, helping you to learn from others and also effectively evidence your own successes. You’ll be given access to a detailed evidence and action planning tool to support your preparation for inspection.
The time to reflect on, and start writing, an action plan was really useful, especially being able to share it with other people outside of normal work environment. Previous delegate
Cost (including lunch)
- £90 + VAT for registered manager members of Skills for Care
- £100 + VAT for non-members (registered manager membership of Skills for Care only costs £35 per year. Join now).
Book your place today.
Bespoke CQC support
Our bespoke CQC support is tailored directly to the needs of your service, either before or after your inspection. You can commission us to:
- deliver this seminar directly in your workplace
- customise the content of the seminar to focus on specific areas of inspection, helping you to understand what good and outstanding looks like
- provide one to one support for planning and preparing for inspection or responding to areas of improvement, innovation and best practice
- deliver a seminar to your service and other local providers, maybe through your local registered manager network. If you’re not already part of a local network, you can join here
Discounted bespoke support is available to registered manager members of Skills for Care. If you're not a member, you can join here.
For more information on these bespoke services and how you can make your next CQC inspection count, email us at email@example.com.