Privacy Statement coverage
This privacy statement covers the website www.skillsforcare.org.uk, www.nmds-sc-online.org.uk and any associated sites. It does not cover any third party websites which may be accessed via links to the main site or sub-sites that exist.
The main website and sub-sites of Skills for Care do not capture and store personal information except when expressly permitted by the user, e.g. when submitted by an individual for subscription/registration purposes or when completing questionnaires/consultations.
How our site makes use of browser cookies:
- When you have logged in successfully to a logged-in-only area of the site, a cookie will be applied to your browser to convey your authentication as you move through the pages of the site. This cookie is removed when you log out of the logged-in area and does not itself contain any of your personal information.
- Where a shopping area of the site exists, a cookie will be used to store which items you have placed in to your shopping basket.
- The framework we use to build this area of the site creates a cookie that follows you as you move through the pages of the site. This cookies allows the site to respond to any settings you may set so that they persist as you move through the pages of the site. This cookie does not itself contain any of your personal information.
- All cookies set by this site will be deleted when you close your browser down.
This site does not use browser cookies to:
- Share information with third party websites.
- Collect personally identifiable information about you.
- Track your movements for the purposes of advertising.
If you wish to restrict or block the cookies which are set by this, or indeed any other website, you can do this through your browser settings. The Help function within your browser should tell you how. Note that your use of some of the sections of this site mentioned above will be impaired if you do choose to disable cookies.
The Cookies used by the 'my account' area of the site
|.ASPXAUTH||The cookie used to convey your authentication when you are logged in.|
|ASP.NET_SessionId||The cookie used by the framework we use to build this site.|
|esitShop2||The cookie used by the shopping area of this site.|
Subscription/registration applies to Skills for Care's newsletters and website services or where the user has requested to receive other information or to access products and services. Information collected in this way will be used solely for the purpose specified at the time of collection and will not be passed or sold to any third parties i.e. any organisation other than Skills for Care. The only exceptions to this will be the provision of data to contracted agencies for data/database analysis or updating, or to an approved third party for the purpose of mailing information on behalf of Skills for Care. The use of data for direct marketing purposes will be in accordance with the subscription/registration criteria specified by the individual at the time of registration.
The subscription/registration data can only be accessed by approved suppliers for the purposes specified above and by Skills for Care's web servicing agency C2 Software Ltd. Skills for Care will collect only that information necessary for the purpose for which it is requested, or which will help to provide a more valuable service for the user.
Anyone subscribing/registering to receive information from Skills for Care can unsubscribe from receiving such information at any time by