Posted: 2 March 2020
To recruit people with the right values and behaviours for your organisation, it’s recommended that you establish clear, meaningful workplace values with your staff before you start using this approach.
Here’s how to get started:
Identify your workplace values
- Download the ‘Example values framework’ and explore the values and behaviours central to providing good quality care and support.
- Use this document to map your organisational values, behaviours or competency frameworks.
- Use this checklist to identify the aspects of values-based recruitment that you have in place, and areas for further development.
Create a positive workplace culture
A positive workplace culture is vital to delivering high quality care and support and contributes to recruiting and retaining like-minded and talented people.
- Use the culture toolkit to develop a positive workplace culture based on shared values.
See the potential of people from different backgrounds
- It's important to remove any pre-existing barriers to recruitment so that you can fairly recruit people from different backgrounds. Visit our seeing potential website section where there’s practical resources and guidance to help adult social care employers confidently recruit and retain people who may face barriers to employment and safely and fairly.