Our Chair Dame Moira Gibb
Our board is employer led with 60% of members being employers in the adult social care sector.
The board meets four times a year to make strategic decisions about the charity.
Members have four main duties.
- Safeguard and promote the values and mission of Skills for Care.
- Determine the strategy and structure of Skills for Care.
- Ensure Skills for Care operates in an effective, responsible and accountable manner.
- Ensure the effective functioning of Skills for Care’s board.
Our board members are:
- Dame Moira Gibb DBE - Chair
- Neil Taylor - Vice Chair - CEO, Langdon
- Louise Bladen - Director, Home Affairs value for money audit at UK National Audit Office
- Dr Mahiben Maruthappu MBE - CEO, Cera
- Mark Lever - CEO, Helpforce
- Mandy Thorn MBE - Managing Director, Marches Care Holdings Ltd
- Sue Bott CBE - Deputy Chief Executive, Disability Rights UK
- Sue McMillan - Retired, formerly Deputy Chief Inspector, Care Quality Commission
- Suzie Bailey - Director of Leadership and Organisational Development, The King’s Fund
- Steve Scown - CEO, Dimensions
- Paul Snell - CEO, Walsingham Support
- Munira Thobani - Independent executive coach and organisational development consultant
- Rachael Wardell - Director of Children, Schools, and Families, London Borough of Merton
- Dr Mark Ward - CEO, Borough Care