Director of Strategy, Impact and Policy
- Status: Permanent
- Hours: Full time, 36 hours per week
- Location: Flexibility, with an expectation that there will be frequent travel to our Leeds and London offices as well as travel across the country / currently home-working
- Salary: £76,596 per annum plus excellent benefits
- Closing Date: 9am on Monday 20 July 2020
- Interview date: 30 and 31 July 2020 with interviews being conducted virtually
Skills for Care is seeking a Director to lead our newly created Strategy, Impact and Policy directorate.
This Directorate will work as an internal consultancy to our teams, focusing on aligning change in each part of the organisation around our strategy and long-term vision for social care .
The team will use its expertise and experience to facilitate, to capacity build and to influence and will work to increase Skills for Care’s impact over time, starting with understanding our core work, how we build on opportunities and how we move to create new impacts.
This is a key role at an important time in social care where a stable, valued, confident and skilled workforce is crucial in making positive changes happen. As well as the purpose described above, the Director of Strategy Impact and Policy will specifically be responsible for ensuring Skills for Care is at the forefront of all adult social care workforce policy matters working with partners and building strong networks, and for leading our approach to evaluating and monitoring its activities to assess the effectiveness of our interventions in achieving our strategic objectives.
What we are looking for
Skills for Care supports the principle that everyone should have the same opportunities for employment, development and progression. All applications will be considered on their own merit and our recruitment process is competitive and transparent. We particularly welcome applications from BAME candidates and disabled candidates as we are actively looking to increase the diversity of our Leadership Team which is currently not as representative as we would like it to be.
Along with strong leadership skills and the ability to inspire, strategically lead and motivate a team, the ideal candidates will be able to demonstrate experience of:
- Designing and delivering of transformational change programmes with proven success in embedding strategic, outcome focused change
- Influencing and engaging executive colleagues, staff, volunteers, trustees, and other key stakeholders towards common goals
- Undertaking policy analysis and development in a medium sized private or public sector organisation and/or leading or supporting policy specialists to influence change.
- Leading policy and strategic development as well as stakeholder consultation processes
Why work for us
Skills for Care is a great place to work and we offer the following benefits
- Flexible working opportunities
- Generous leave benefits including 31 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Health Cash Plan
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Working from home
Interested in this role?
Please contact our HR team at email@example.com for a candidate information pack which includes details on how to apply.
As a Disability Confident Employer Skills for Care is committed to a positive approach towards employing people with a disability. If you require any adjustments or assistance to enable you to apply please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
A DBS check is not required for this role. Candidates will be asked to disclose any unspent criminal convictions as part of the recruitment process however this will not form part of the initial application stage.
As part of the Skills for Care team, there is an expectation that all colleagues demonstrate our values as part of their day to day approach to work, this means being Innovative, Dedicated, Responsible, and Collaborative