Director of Operations
Application deadline: 9.00am | Friday 13 November 2020
- Status: Permanent
- Hours: Full time, 36 hours per week
- Location: Flexibility (currently home-working)
- Salary: £78,127.92 per annum plus excellent benefits
- Interview date: December 1 / December 3 (with interviews being conducted virtually)
Skills for Care is seeking a Director to lead our Operations directorate.
The Operations Directorate lead all of our programme development in Skills for Care and involves developing and delivering interventions to support employers in recruiting, developing and leading their workforce. These interventions are evidence based, responsive to sector need and impactful
This is a key role at an important time in social care where a stable, valued, confident and skilled workforce is crucial in making positive changes happen.
As a member of the Leadership Team, the Director of Operation will contribute to strategic development of the organisation, its purpose and direction and along with strategic leadership and management for all teams within the Operations directorate.
This role will be specifically be responsible for directing and controlling all development, production, and delivery of our operational programmes to ensure they are delivered in a way which achieves maximum impact for the social care sector and generates income growth to support an increase in impact.
What we are looking for
Skills for Care supports the principle that everyone should have the same opportunities for employment, development and progression. All applications will be considered on their own merit and our recruitment process is competitive and transparent. We particularly welcome applications from BAME candidates and disabled candidates as we are actively looking to increase the diversity of our Leadership Team which is currently not as representative as we would like it to be.
Along with strong leadership skills and the ability to inspire, strategically lead and motivate a team, the ideal candidates will be able to demonstrate experience of:
- Social care workforce development and a deep understanding of adult social care.
- The education and skills agenda and the relationship with the adult social care workforce
- Leading external change and thought leadership in adult social care.
- Using evidence to develop and deliver impactful programmes of work which achieve change and in leading the evaluation of the impact of these programmes, making changes to them where necessary.
- Leading teams of experts, embedding positive cultures and critical thinking.
- Leading and driving business development to support programmes of work, managing budgets and resources and prepare robust financial plans and sustainability.
- Working collaboratively, building strategic networks and partnerships, influencing, negotiating, representing and networking with external stakeholders and decision makers internally and externally.
Why work for us
Skills for Care is a great place to work and we offer the following benefits:
- Flexible working opportunities
- Generous leave benefits including 31 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Health Cash Plan
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Working from home
As a Disability Confident Employer Skills for Care is committed to a positive approach towards employing people with a disability. If you require any adjustments or assistance to enable you to apply please contact us at email@example.com
A DBS check is not required for this role. Candidates will be asked to disclose any unspent criminal convictions as part of the recruitment process however this will not form part of the initial application stage.
As part of the Skills for Care team, there is an expectation that all colleagues demonstrate our values as part of their day to day approach to work, this means being Innovative, Dedicated, Responsible, and Collaborative