The Personalised Care Group is inviting applications from people with lived experience of personalised approaches to health and social care to participate in a personal development programme.
Who can join?
You are eligible to apply if you are an individual or family carer who has personal experience of personalised care.
This could be through:
- a personal health budget or an integrated budget for health and social care
- a personalised care and support plan
- an experience of being linked into peer support or to support organisations after a discussion with a health or social care professional
- an experience of ongoing conversations with a health professional about your condition where you discuss your options for treatment, and the potential risks and benefits of those
- an experience of receiving a social prescription to support self-management of a long-term physical health condition or a mental health condition.
You must be willing to commit to playing an on-going role in shaping policy and practice within personalised care at a national and local level. However, levels of commitment may vary depending on people’s individual circumstances.
What are the aims for the Peer Leadership Academy?
The Peer Leadership Academy is a personal development programme that aims to build people’s knowledge, skills and confidence so they can play an active role in the personalised care programmes at a national and regional level. It is being delivered by Peoplehub CIC in collaboration with the NHS England Personalised Care Group. The purpose is to:
- increase the capacity of the national personalised care co-production group. This is a group of people with lived experience of personalised approaches to their health and well-being who support the national personalised care programme
- help drive demand for and take up of personalised care, especially personal health budgets
- enable people to work alongside the personalised care programme and effect change at a national level.
It includes learning around self awareness, team working and leadership, and is great opportunity to develop your own skills and knowledge.
Find out more about the programme and how to apply here. The deadline for applications is Friday 19 July 2019.