Creating the climate for resilient, high-performing teams
- When did you last have time to pause and reflect over the past months?
- Are you creating space to acknowledge the challenges you have faced and the progress you have made during COVID-19?
- How resilient are you and your teams?
- Are you interested in learning about essential practices which support team-based working?
Presented in partnership with AOD, specialists in team-based working and part of the Skills for Care Group, this webinar will share key stories, experiences, evidence and practical tips about how to create the conditions which enable staff to collectively engage in continued delivery of excellent, sustained levels of care… and doing so with resilience and effectiveness as a team.
As individuals, managers and members of teams, the webinar will help you to grasp the opportunity to do more than merely ‘bounce back’ after the challenges of the past few months and explore the importance of self-care and compassionate leadership.
Topics will include:
- Appreciating your context: as managers, dealing with complex issues – COVID-19 and beyond.
- High performing teams: what is a ‘real’ team; analysing the characteristics of effective teams.
- Self-care and resilience as a team leader: what is this and how to achieve it.
- How do teams learn and adapt: the power of reflexivity; checking in/out with teams; the shadow of the leader.
When: Wednesday 22 July 2020, 16:30 to 17:30
After registering, you'll receive a confirmation email containing information on how to join the webinar.
Ahead of the webinar you might like to read the following article AOD Creating the right team climate by Professor Michael West.