It's important that you have the opportunity to develop yourself, if the highest standards of quality in social care are to be met.
We have tools and programmes specifically created to help you in your role.
- Start by becoming a registered manager member of Skills for Care that gives you the opportunity to keep up-to-date with best practice and knowledge and share ideas with like-minded managers.
- Join one of our registered manager networks across England that offer local, practical peer support.
- Take a look at our Well-led programme, designed to support you to deliver care in line with the expectations of a well-led service.
- If you’re a new manager, take a look at the Manager Induction Standards (MIS) that set out what a manager needs to know and understand to perform well in their role.
- You can use our ‘Care manager starter pack’ to help you induct yourself into the role, preparing you for the support, supervision and planning of care that’s needed.
- Our Lead to succeed programme is designed to help aspiring leaders and managers to develop their leadership and management potential.
- We’re also currently piloting a New registered manager programme and an Aspiring manager programme that support your organisation's succession planning.
- If you’re interested in learning a specific skill, make sure you take a look at our learning and development webpages.