We understand that it's not only the large training providers who are able to deliver high quality and relevant learning programmes. Our endorsement is for any individual or organisation that provides the appropriate development and skills in adult social care for anyone involved in delivering care and support.
You will, however, need to be able to demonstrate the impact of your training on employers, learners and people using care and support. For further detail, please see What information will I need to provide. Therefore, if you are a new provider, you will need to have these measures in place first before applying for endorsement.
Endorsed providers currently range from individual trainers, small training companies and colleges to local authorities, universities and large care providers delivering training internally.
Applying for endorsement couldn't be simpler. We've developed our easy-to-use online endorsement portal, providing the option to save your progress along the way, allowing you to work through your application at your own pace and at a time to suit you.
The information below provides further information about our endorsement process.
What are the different application routes?
There are four different application routes to endorsement depending on the type of learning provider you are. Please apply using the route that best describes your organisation.
I am a learning provider on the Register of Apprenticeship Training Providers (RoATP)
If you’re listed on the RoATP and are currently delivering apprenticeships in Adult Social Care you’ll apply through this route.
I am a learning provider approved with an awarding organisation
If you're not listed on the RoATP but are approved with an awarding organisation and are currently delivering qualifications in Adult Social Care you'll apply through this route.’
I am an independent learning provider with two or more staff
If you have two or more members of staff and aren't listed on the RoATP, or a learning provider approved with an awarding organisation, you'll apply through this route.
I am an individual learning provider and/or consultant
If you're an individual or consultant and aren't listed on the RoATP or, or a learning provider approved with an awarding organisation, you'll apply through this route.
What information will I need to provide?
The endorsement application is made up of multiple sections as listed below. For each section you will be required to provide statements demonstrating how you meet the requirements. Your statements will then need to be supported by evidence which demonstrates your statement in practice.
Under each section, you will find some useful bullet points which demonstrate what your answer should include, along with some useful examples of the type of evidence we would expect to see.
Below is an overview of the type of information that will be required for your endorsement application. Your application route will determine the information that is required.
- Section 1: Organisation details - in this section you'll provide the details about your organisation including, for example, the type of training you deliver, the delivery methods you offer and the values and visions of your organisation. You'll also be asked to upload statements from other individuals such as a staff member (if applicable), a learner who has engaged in your training and an employer who has commissioned you
For the following sections you'll be required to write a statement detailing how you meet the specified criteria and provide between one and three pieces of evidence to support your statement.
- Section 2: Engagement - in this section you'll demonstrate how, through adult social care sector engagement, your organisation ensures your learning and development offer meets the current needs of the adult social care workforce
- Section 3: Quality assurance - in this section you'll provide evidence to show how you implement and embed quality assurance to improve your learning and development offer to the adult social care workforce. You must be able to demonstrate the impact your training has had within this section through evaluations, quotes, case studies etc provided by learners who have accessed your training.
- Section 4: Staff development - in this section you'll show how you retain and develop staff (including consultants and associates) to ensure that they have the right skills to deliver learning and development to the adult social care workforce and how they continue to develop these skills for the adult social care sector.
- Section 5: Working with learners - in this section you'll demonstrate how the needs of learners and their organisations are met.
- Section 6: Programme content and design - this section will only be relevant if you're offering eLearning or virtual delivery methods. You'll be required to provide information on how you ensure that the programmes you design are fit for purpose for the adult social care workforce, and how you account for learner needs when using virtual delivery methods.
- Check, declaration, payment and submit – this section allows you the opportunity to check back over your application answers before submitting. Once you are happy, you will need to read and confirm the declaration, code of conduct and privacy statement. You will then select your payment option (card or invoice) and follow the steps to submit.
How much does it cost to become endorsed?
Our price list as of March 2021 is:
- Organisation on Register of Apprenticeship Training Providers (RoATP): £500 +VAT
- Organisation attached to an awarding organisation: £750 +VAT
- Independent training organisation with two or more staff members: £1,000 +VAT
- Individual/consultant: £500 +VAT
Ready to apply?
To access the Skills for Care endorsement portal you'll need a Skills for Care account.
Already got a Skills for Care account?
Log in to your Skills for Care account and click on the endorsement button on the dashboard to begin your application.
Need to create a Skills for Care account?
Create your Skills for Care account. Once registered, click on the endorsement button on the Skills for Care dashboard to begin your application.
Please note: all new endorsement applications that are not completed within 90 days of starting the application will be deleted.
What happens next?
Once you have submitted your application it will be reviewed within one month. Sometimes additional information may be required to support your application and we'll work with you to ensure the required information is supplied.
When we're satisfied you've met all of the required criteria you'll be notified of your newly endorsed status and your organisation will appear within our endorsed learning provider directory and you can start to enjoy the benefits of becoming endorsed.
You'll be required to renew your endorsement online annually. You will receive an email one month before your renewal date.
You will need to provide an update to your statements and current evidence to demonstrate your practice against each of the sections as detailed above under What information will I need to provide.
The cost for renewal is £300 +VAT.
Centre of Excellence
Organisations who have been endorsed for 1 or more years, and who are able to demonstrate exemplary practices throughout their application, including the impact that their training has on the quality of care offered, will be able to request that we consider them for the additional honour of 'Centre of Excellence' status.