External quality assurance service
External quality assurance is carried out on the end-point assessment organisations (EPAOs) to ensure consistency and quality for all apprentices and their employers.
The service for the adult social care sector is known as the Adult Care External Quality Assurance Service (ACEQUAS) and is delivered by Skills for Care. Each apprenticeship assessment plan sets out how the external quality assurance process works
As part of the quality assurance process, the following key criteria will be assessed:
- Quality and consistency of assessment instruments.
- Capability of assessors and internal quality assurance teams.
- Effectiveness of internal quality assurance.
- Management of information including reporting to stakeholders, employers, EPAOs, training providers and the Institute for Apprenticeships and Technical Information as required.
What EPAOs need to know
- Skill for Care will charge £40 (+ VAT if applicable) per apprentice entering end-point assessment. This charge is to cover our costs and is a non-profit making exercise.
- The cost is payable by the EPAO at no additional cost to employers.
If you have any questions relating to ACEQUAS you can email us at email@example.com