There are four different application routes to endorsement depending on the type of learning provider you are.
I am a learning provider on the Register of Apprenticeship Training Providers (RoATP) or Register of Training Organisations (ROTO)
If you're listed on either the RoATP or ROTO you will apply through this route. Please note, if you're on the ROTO, you must have selected ‘yes’ under the invite to tender for delivery of education and training and invite to tender for education and training development services columns within the capacity and capability section on the ROTO register.
I am a learning provider approved with an awarding body
If you're not listed on the RoATP or the ROTO but are approved with an awarding organisation you'll apply through this route.
I am an independent learning provider with two or more staff
If you have two or more members of staff and aren't listed on the RoATP or ROTO, or a learning provider approved with an awarding body, you'll apply through this route.
I am an individual learning provider and/or consultant
If you're an individual or consultant and aren't listed on the RoATP or ROTO, or a learning provider approved with an awarding body, you'll apply through this route.
Below is an overview of the type of information that will be required for your endorsement application. Your application route will determine the information that is required.
- Section 1: Organisation details - in this section you'll provide the details about your organisation including the type of training you deliver, the values and visions of your organisation, details of any awards held. You'll be also be asked to upload statements from other individuals such as a staff member (if applicable), a learner who has engaged in your training and an employer who has commissioned you.
For the following sections you'll be required to write a statement detailing how you meet the specified criteria and provide between one and three pieces of evidence to support your statement.
- Section 2: Leadership and management - in this section you'll demonstrate how, through leadership and management, your organisation ensures your learning and development offer meets the current needs of the adult social care workforce.
- Section 3: Quality assurance - in this section you'll provide evidence to show how you implement quality assurance to improve your learning and development offer to the adult social care workforce.
- Section 4: Staff development - in this section you'll show how you recruit, retain and develop staff (including consultants and associates) to ensure that they have the right skills to deliver learning and development to the adult social care workforce.
- Section 5: Working with learners - in this section you'll demonstrate how the needs of learners and their organisations are met.
- Section 6: Programme content and design - this section will only be relevant if you're an elearning provider. You'll be required to provide information on how you ensure that the elearning programmes you design are fit for purpose for the adult social care workforce.
Our price list as of October 2018 is:
- Organisation on Register of Apprenticeship Training Providers (RoATP) or Register of Training Organisations (ROTO): £500 +VAT
- Organisation attached to an awarding organisation: £750 +VAT
- Independent training organisation with two or more staff members Organisation: £1,000 +VAT
- Individual/consultant: £500 +VAT
To access the Skills for Care endorsement portal you'll need a Skills for Care account.
Already got a Skills for Care account?
Log in to your Skills for Care account and click on the endorsement button on the dashboard to begin your application.
Need to create a Skills for Care account?
Click here and follow the simple steps to create your Skills for Care account. Once registered, click on the endorsement button on the Skills for Care dashboard to begin your application.
Please note: all new endorsement applications that are not completed within 90 days of starting the application will be deleted.
Once you have submitted your application it will be reviewed within one month. Sometimes additional information may be required to support your application and we'll work with you to ensure the required information is supplied.
Once we're satisfied you've met all of the required criteria you'll be notified of your newly endorsed status and your organisation will appear within our endorsed learning provider directory and you can start to enjoy the benefits of becoming endorsed.
Centre of Excellence
Organisations who have demonstrated exemplary practices throughout their application will receive the additional honour of 'Centre of Excellence' status.
You'll be required to renew your endorsement annually. We'll be in touch one month before your renewal date to let you know the steps you need to take to renew your endorsement.
The cost for renewal is £300 +VAT.