Values-based approaches to recruitment and retention: online workshops
Employers have told us that a values-based approach to recruitment has resulted in:
- lower recruitment costs
- positive return on investment
- lower staff turnover
- better staff performance.
What is values-based recruitment?
There are five stages to the value-based recruitment and retention model: Articulate, Attract, Apply, Assess and Assimilate.
Stage 1: Articulate
This is the first of five online workshops which will help you understand the steps needed to get started using a values-based approach throughout your recruitment processes.
Duration: 90 minutes.
This interactive online workshop will:
- re-visit the values and behaviours framework and develop understanding for what is meant by ‘articulating your values’
- develop understanding of the importance of, and what creates, a positive workplace culture
- identify ways and with whom, to develop and agree workplace values
- see examples from employers using a values-based approach, of how to articulate and communicate your values internally and externally.
Stage 2: Attract
This is the next stage where we look at how the organisation uses its culture and workplace values to target people with the right values and behaviours to work for them.
Duration: 90 minutes.
This interactive online workshop will enable participants to:
- attract people with the behaviours that align with your values and workplace culture
- understand how you can tap into candidate motivations and showcase yourself as an employer of choice
- explore candidate attraction channels - job adverts, websites and other recruitment activities.
Who should attend?
- Senior managers
- Human resources managers
- Registered managers
- Individual employers
- Anyone in a position to influence change in their workplace.
Before the first workshop, you’ll be sent a 30-minute information video introducing values-based approaches to recruitment and retention which you’ll need to watch prior to the workshop and complete a task which forms part of the live workshop.
Employers who have previously attended a face to face delivery of ‘Getting Started’ are welcome to attend these online workshops if a refresh would be beneficial. These sessions are also a good basis for the new follow on stages currently in development.
More dates will be released as they become available. Please check back for updates or sign up to enews to keep up to date with all our latest news and events.