National recruitment campaign
We're now into the second phase of the Department of Health and Social Care’s (DHSC) adult social care National Recruitment Campaign.
The campaign aims to drive a new generation of people to consider and apply for a job in adult social care and we’re encouraging all employers to get involved.
This is a high-profile opportunity to collectively raise the profile of adult social care and highlight the personal and professional rewards of working in a growing sector. It’s supported by the website: www.everydayisdifferent.com
The first phase of the campaign generated:
- 14% uplift in clicks on the apply button for care roles on DWP ‘Find a Job’
- 97% more searches for jobs containing ‘care’ or ‘care worker’.
- One in four (26%) care employers surveyed after the first phase saw an increase in either enquiries, applications, interviews or vacancies filled.
Updated advertising that captures both the diversity and reality of working in the care sector will be promoted across outdoor posters, online TV adverts, radio, social media and digital channels, as well as PR and partnerships activity.
Sign up to the DHSC campaign e-newsletter to keep up-to-date.
How to get involved
- To make the most of the interest, advertise your vacancies on DWP Find a Job, as well as your own jobs boards throughout the campaign. The more vacancies advertised, the more jobs there will be for people who have seen the advertising to view and apply for. Download instructions for how to upload.
- During the first phase of the campaign, case studies proved to be a powerful tool in sharing the experiences of the workforce. Help to bring to life the range of roles available and show more people that careers in adult social care can be varied, rewarding and flexible, by providing case studies of those working in the sector. Download the case study form.
- We've got a limited supply of FREE hard copy resources (posters or leaflets), which employers can order from (subject to availability:
Download the National Recruitment Campaign Resources
The campaign in isolation won’t improve your recruitment, but it will improve awareness and understanding of what working in social care is all about.
Recruiting the right people videos
We’ve launched two videos which focus on how employers can attract people to their vacancies and make the most of their application process.
Watch the videos here:
Thinking about your application process
Letting people know about your job vacancies.
Evaluation of phase one of the campaign
Local partnership projects
We’ve issued contracts to four local partnerships to:
- increase the reach and use of the national recruitment tools and resources
- fill local vacancies through this activity linked to the campaign.
Download a summary of the activity the partnerships are being funded to deliver.