Rewards and recognition
Rewarding and recognising employees for their good work is part of the culture that CQC rated good and outstanding organisations often do well.
Here are some suggestions from those employers:
- have a culture that recognises and appreciates good work
- send a personalised ‘thank you’ from a manager or senior leader when people have excelled
- have an ‘employee of the week’ or ‘month’ award
- enter national awards such as ‘Investors in people’
- involve your organisation in the Skills for Care 'Accolades awards' and recognise the achievements of your teams
- celebrate together – e.g. if you get a good or outstanding CQC rating
- use gift vouchers to reward staff for excellent performance, creative/innovative ideas or go above and beyond
- involve the people you support and produce a ‘thank you’ booklet or share their positive feedback in your workplace newsletter or staff bulletin.
NHS Employers has created a reward strategy toolkit which provides an overview of actions you could take to develop a rewards strategy for your organisation.
For information on how to become an accredited organisation, please visit the Investors in People website.