My local area and summary reports
Data correct as at 2020/21
Next update due: Mid October 2022
This interactive visualisation provides a detailed analysis for your chosen local area, a PDF summary report is also available. This is the latest information available from the Adult Social Care Workforce Data Set (ASC-WDS)
This dashboard is best viewed on a desktop computer. You can view the dashboard
Downloading the visualisation
- The data behind the visualisation can be downloaded here.
- You can also download a PDF version by clicking on the arrow found at the bottom right of the visualisation.
- There are notes about the data when you hover over the ( i ) in the visualisation.
- For information about how workforce estimates are created or rounding and suppression rules please visit our webpage on methodology
- If you require data that isn’t available in the visualisation or report below, please contact us.
- At the bottom of the page there is also a collection of short summary reports organised by region, which give an overview of what the adult social care sector and workforce looks like in each of the 152 local authority areas in England
- An interactive visualisation where you can compare local areas in England can be found here.
- Nine detailed regional reports supported by new interactive visualisations can be found here.
- For England level data, please see the ‘state of the adult social care sector and workforce in England’ report and interactive visualisation here.
Analytical service for local authorities
We can be commissioned to produce a bespoke analysis of workforce information at a local level or to answer any specific questions you have about the adult social care workforce.
Example topics include;
Please contact us to talk about how we can help.
Individual summary reports for all local authorities in England
Bracknell Forest, Brighton and Hove, Buckinghamshire, East Sussex, Hampshire, Isle of Wight, Kent, Medway, Milton Keynes, Oxfordshire, Portsmouth, Reading, Slough, Southampton, Surrey, West Berkshire, West Sussex, Windsor and Maidenhead and Wokingham.
Bath and North East, Somerset, Bournemouth Christchurch and Poole, Bristol, Cornwall and Isles of Scilly, Devon, Dorset, Gloucestershire, North Somerset, Plymouth, Somerset, South Gloucestershire , Swindon, Torbay and Wiltshire
Darlington, Durham, Gateshead, Hartlepool, Middlesborough, Newcastle upon Tyne, North Tyneside, Northumberland, Redcar and Cleveland, South Tyneside, Stockton on Tees and Sunderland.
Blackburn with Darwen, Blackpool, Bolton, Bury, Cheshire East, Cheshire West and Chester, Cumbria, Halton, Knowsley, Lancashire, Liverpool, Manchester, Oldham, Rochdale, Salford, Sefton, St Helens, Stockport, Tameside, Trafford, Warrington, Wigan and Wirral.
Yorkshire and the Humber
Barnsley, Bradford, Calderdale, Doncaster, East Riding of Yorkshire, Kingston upon Hull, Kirklees, Leeds, North East Lincolnshire, North Lincolnshire, North Yorkshire, Rotherham, Sheffield, Wakefield and York.
Birmingham, Coventry, Dudley, Herefordshire, Sandwell, Shropshire, Solihull, Staffordshire, Stoke on Trent, Telford and Wrekin, Walsall, Warwickshire, Wolverhampton and Worcestershire.
Central and North East London
Barnet, Camden, Enfield, Haringey, Islington, Barking and Dagenham, Hackney, Havering, Newham, Redbridge,
Tower Hamlets and Waltham Forest.