The size and structure of the adult social care sector and workforce in England
Published July 2023 (data correct as at 2022/23)
Next update due: July 2024
This page provides the most up-to-date and comprehensive overview of the size and structure of the adult social care sector and workforce in England. A short, written report is available below the data visualisation.
This information also forms a chapter within ‘The state of the adult social care sector and workforce in England’.
Downloading the visualisation
- There are additional notes about the data when you hover over the ( i ) buttons in the visualisation
- Download the data behind the visualisation in the ‘Download area’ below
- Download a PDF version of each page of the visualisation by clicking on the arrow found at the bottom right of the visualisation box
- For information about how workforce estimates are created or our rounding and suppression rules, please visit our webpage on methodology
- If you require data that isn’t available in the visualisation or available downloads, please contact us.
We can be commissioned to produce a bespoke analysis of workforce information to answer any specific questions you have about the adult social care workforce. Take a look at our 'commission our services' page for more information or contact us to talk about how we can help.