Get involved in our work
We work with care organisations, people who need care and support and carers, and other partners to make sure our activities reflect their needs.
Whether you are part of a large care provider, a new business expanding into social care or a person who directly employs a personal assistant, there are many opportunities where you can contribute to our on-going work.
You can get involved by taking part in research, responding to consultations, providing case study examples, commenting on draft products, co-producing new policies or agreeing to be a study site.
All our consultations and research projects are promoted in our fortnightly enewsletter. Sign up to our mailing list so you don’t miss out on new opportunities.
Current opportunities to get involved
Be part of our employer reference group
Skills for Care’s Standards, Learning, Qualifications and Apprenticeship (SLQA) Team is bringing together representatives from across the adult social care workforce to help shape our work during 2017/18.
Amongst other things, you’ll:
- get up to date information about the SLQA team’s plans and projects and how they’re progressing
- have the opportunity to directly influence our work
- be able to network
- be able to gather evidence to demonstrate development and innovation
We’re looking for people with a genuine interest in ensuring that learning and development initiatives in adult social care meet the needs of the sector and have a positive impact on those accessing services.
Does this sound like you? Want to find out more?Click here for more information and to express your interest in joining us.
There are currently no live consultations.
Recruitment and retention: what works well?
If you work in an organisation whose turnover rate was less than 10% in the last year, we want to hear from you about what's worked well.
Evaluation of core skills resources
If you've used our core skills resources to develop and assess the English, number, digital and employability skills of your workers, we'd love to hear what you thought of them. This short survey should take less than 10 minutes to complete.
Becoming an associate
We’re looking for people or companies who can demonstrate:
- significant experience in the social care sector
- experience in learning and development
- experience of managing services, teams or projects
- knowledge of the role of Skills for Care
- engagement with social care employers and key stakeholders.
We’d like to work with those who have a commitment to ensuring:
- equality of opportunity within your working practice
- involvement of people who need care and support and carer participation in project work.
For further details and an application pack, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 0113 241 0973.