Data correct as at 2020/21
Next report due: Mid October 2022
This interactive visualisation provides an analysis comparing all nine regions within England. Showing adult social care workforce estimates split by jobs role, sector and care service. This is the latest information available from the Adult Social Care Workforce Data Set (ASC-WDS), taken from local authorities as at September 2020 and from independent sector employers as at March 2021.
Downloading the visualisation
- You can also download a PDF version by clicking on the arrow found at the bottom right of the visualisation.
- There are notes about the data when you hover over the ( i ) in the visualisation.
- For information about how workforce estimates are created or rounding and suppression rules please visit our webpage on methodology.
- If you require data that isn’t available in the visualisation or report below, please contact us.
- Also available at regional level are nine annual reports, providing an overview of adult social care services and the workforce in each region.
- Four interactive visualisations, and summary reports, showing information about the local authority areas in England can be found here.
- The ‘state of the adult social care sector and workforce in England’ report and interactive visualisation can be found here.
Looking for something specific? Contact us.