I Care…Ambassadors are care workers who deliver activities and talk about what it’s like to work in social care. They could visit schools, colleges and Jobcentres to run a range of careers activities including
- interactive group activities
- running an information stand
- supporting a workplace visit or placement
- media activities.
As an employer, you can register and nominate your staff to become ambassadors.
I Care…Ambassadors is a great way of finding the right people to meet the growing demand for social care workers. You can hear from employers who have signed up about the benefits to their business here.
Benefits to your business
There are lots of benefits of joining I Care…Ambassadors.
- Attract more people – One in four people are more interested in a career in care having heard from an ambassador.
- Boost your business – When your staff share why they love their job, it will encourage others to choose or recommend your organisation.
- Motivate your staff – We know 70% of ambassadors feel more confident and motivated in their work as a result of being an ambassador.
- Develop your staff – Becoming an I Care…Ambassador is a fantastic learning and development opportunity.
- Cut your recruitment costs – I Care…Ambassadors can help you attract more informed people who have what it takes to work in social care.
Access to resources and support
When you register, you get access to a Resources Bank of free online guidance and templates to help. You can also use the I Care…Ambassadors branding on your website and resources to create a professional image of your organisation.
Create reports and graphs to showcase your great work
You’ll have access to the I Care…About Impact tool which enables you to gather feedback on your activity. You can download reports and graphs to show the impact your ambassadors are having.
We've created the How do we know we're making a difference infographic (2016) that shows how employers can benefit from I Care...Ambassadors, and the Bringing social care to life infographic (2017) that highlights how I Care...Ambassadors are inspiring more people to work in social care.
There are some things you need to know and do before you register.
- Make sure you understand I Care…Ambassadors and how it works.
- Read the Principles and Pledge and Care quality expectations to check if you’re eligible to join I Care…Ambassadors and what your commitment will be.
- Make sure you have sufficient resources and capacity to sustain your
I Care…Ambassadors service. Think about if you have capacity to release staff to deliver ambassador activity, do your staff have access to the internet and email and can you cover the cost of activity?
- Make a plan and create a service agreement that outlines how your service or partnership works. If you choose to join an existing partnership, you should ask to see their service agreement before you join.
As a social care employer, there are three ways you can register with
I Care…Ambassadors. This guidance will help you decide which option is best for you.
If you employ your own carers or PAs using a direct payment, PHB or with your own money, this guide can help you decide how to register.
When you’re ready, click here to register an I Care…Ambassadors account.
1. Join an existing I Care…Ambassador partnership
This means you want to join a partnership with other social care employers and have a nominated person coordinate the service.
This step by step guide will tell you everything you need to know about joining an existing I Care…Ambassador partnership.
2. Register as a new employer partnership
This means you want to set up a new partnership of social care employers.
This step by step guide will tell you everything you need to know about setting up and running a new I Care…Ambassador partnership.
3. Register your organisation or your employer as an
I Care…Ambassador service
This means you’re a single organisation who wants to set up their own I Care…Ambassador service.
This step by step guide will tell you everything you need to know about setting up and running a new I Care…Ambassador service.
(If you're an individual employer who's setting up your own service, this step by step guide will help you to do this.)
Find out more
If you still need help, email email@example.com or call 0113 2410959.
If you’re already registered with I Care…Ambassadors you can access the Hub here.
From the home page you can amend your account details, add staff to be new I Care…Ambassadors, access the Welcome Modules and Resources Bank, and set up a survey on the I Care…About Impact tool.
New resources on the Resources Bank
Here are just some of the new resources on the Resources Bank. To access more login or register with I Care...Ambassadors.