Developing the diversity of leaders in social care
Our Moving Up BAME programme supports managers from black, Asian and minority ethnic (BAME) backgrounds to step up and establish themselves within senior leadership management roles. It helps social care leaders in the private, public or third sectors to:
- develop leadership potential as a care professional
- lead in a complex and changing environment
- increase confidence as a leader
- use new networks for support and advice.
This programme is perfect for leaders aspiring to progress into the most senior positions in social care. If you are from a black, Asian or minority ethnic background and are in a social care leadership role, this programme will benefit you. It’s particularly relevant for service managers, registered managers, heads of service and operational managers.
I've incorporated a great deal of what I have learnt into practice. The programme has helped me to focus on my strengths as a leader and has made me more confident in my current management role.
Jamieson Davis, Moving Up participant
2017/18 programme dates and venues
The Moving Up (BAME) programme offers a package of support and development over seven days. It includes access to workshop and residential development sessions, group mentoring and coaching, action learning sets and networking opportunities.
- 24-25 November 2017 – Residential in Warwickshire
- 4 December 2017 - Skills for Care, London office
- 17 January 2018 - NHS Leadership Academy, Leeds
- 19 February 2018 - Skills for Care, London office
- 12-13 March 2018 - Residential in Warwickshire
- £850+VAT for registered manager members of Skills for Care
- £1000+VAT for non-members (membership costs only £35 for 12 months. To find out more please click here)
A discount is available to self-funding participants.
Please note that our 2017/18 Moving Up BAME programme is now closed for bookings. We are, however, taking expressions of interest for our next programme in 2018/19. Please email our leadership and management team, to express your interest, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
I found that the Moving Up programme really focused and helped me to prioritise and recognise my skills and what I need to do to become a more effective leader.
The facilitators are excellent at helping me recognise and look at my weaknesses. They guided and supported me to identify what I needed to do to raise these areas of my work to a higher standard.
I also found my fellow delegates a great support throughout the course, to the extent that we stay in contact and still help each other with advice. I would highly recommend this course to other BAME candidates, without any hesitation.
Kelvin Griffith, Moving Up participant