The New Directors leadership and development programme is designed to support the successful transition of new or aspiring directors into the director of adult social services role.
The programme has an impact driven approach to improve the quality of care for people who access care and support in an integrated way across the sector.
It recognises the increasingly complex and expanding nature of the director of adult social services role and the challenges local authorities face with recruitment and retention to the position. By booking onto the programme, you will be rapidly upskilled to meet the specific requirements of the role through activities, practical tasks and leadership and management tools, which can be used to cascade and embed learning back into the workplace.
To be eligible for the programme you must be a new or aspiring director of adult social services with statutory responsibility.
Programme themes include:
- system leadership
- personal impact and communication
- personal resilience
- innovation and new models of social care and health
- increasing political intelligence and leadership
- commissioning and market shaping
- establishing working communities
- evidencing the impact of social care and health.
Programme dates, location and cost
- Workshop 1 - Thursday 1 February - to take place face-to-face in Birmingham, exact location to be confirmed
- Action learning set 1 (half day) - date to be agreed at the first workshop - virtual
- Workshop 2 - Wednesday 13 March - virtual
- Action learning set 2 (half day) - date to be agreed at the first workshop - virtual
- Workshop 3 - Wednesday 24 April - virtual
Each place on the programme is charged at £1250 plus VAT.
Please see terms and conditions for details and cancellation terms. All payments need to be made prior to attendance on the programme. Failure to do so may result in your registration for the programme being cancelled.
If you wish to pay by invoice please register by 17:00 on 15 January 2024. A valid and authorised purchase order (PO) number is required at registration.
Registration for those who wish to pay by credit card or BACS will close at 17:00 on the 17 January 2024.
If you have any issues or questions with regards to booking onto the programme, please email firstname.lastname@example.org