Dates of future meetings are to be confirmed.
Our social work coordinator for the Eastern area is Fran Simons.
For more information please email Fran.Simons@skillsforcare.org.uk
Our social work coordinator for London and South East area is Ali Rusbridge.
For more information about any of the London and South East forums please email email@example.com.
The ASYE best practice forum
The ASYE best practice forum meets 10.00-13.30 at the Skills for Care London office. This is followed by an optional afternoon session which includes networking and local partnership meetings. You can bring lunch to the meeting.
- Thursday 4 October
- Tuesday 11 December.
Our London forums are is divided into five local areas which hold regular social work education meetings. The forums provide an opportunity for you to work collaboratively with Higher Education Institutions (HEIs) to support your strategic planning.
- North West London social work partnership
- North Central London ASYE, CPD and PE social work group
- North East London social work partnership
- South East London Social Work Reform Partnership
- South West London and Surrey Social Work Alliance
Pan London social work education network (SWEN)
The SWEN meets 10.00-13.30 at the Skills for Care London office.This is followed by an optional afternoon session from 13.45-15.15. You can bring lunch to the meeting.
- Wednesday 7 November – Skills for Care, Lynton House, 7-12 Tavistock Square, Kings Cross, London, WC1H 9LT.
- Wednesday 13 February 2019 – Skills for Care, Lynton House, 7-12 Tavistock Square, Kings Cross, London, WC1H 9LT.
South East forums
Our South East forums are is divided into four local areas which hold regular social work education meetings.
The forums provide an opportunity for you to work collaboratively with Higher Education Institutions (HEIs) to support your strategic planning.
- Southampton, Hampshire, Isle of Wight and Portsmouth (SHIP) social work education group
- Sussex and Surrey social work education group
- Milton Keynes, Oxfordshire, Buckinghamshire and Berkshire social work education group.
We have two social work education networks in the Midlands. For more information please email firstname.lastname@example.org who is our social work coordinator for this area.
1. East Midlands social work network
All meetings will take place from 13.00–15.30 and are held at Nottingham City Council, Loxley House, Station Street, Nottingham, NG2 3NG.
- Thursday 17 October
- Thursday 7 February 2019
For security and administration purposes, we will be asking you to confirm attendance and the organisation that you work for, at least 2 weeks before the meeting.
Please send any agenda items to Christine.Collymore@skillsforcare.org.uk
2. West Midlands social work development group
Provisional dates have been booked for the next two meetings so please save the dates. Times and venues are still to be confirmed.
- Thursday 1 November
- Thursday 7 March 2019.
Please send agenda item's to email@example.com
We have two social work education networks in the North East, Yorkshire and Humber. Both networks address topics such as, post qualifying training for social workers, social work qualifying education, the PCF, the ASYE, principal social worker developments, practice education and continuing professional development.
We also use the meetings to contribute to consultations and address the concerns of local stakeholders.
The networks are attended by a range of social work professionals across child and family and adults social work.
Our social work coordinator for this area is Peter Northrop. For more information please email Peter.Northrop@skillsforcare.org.uk
1. North East Social Work Network
The North East Social Work Network meets 13.00 - 15.30. Listed below are the dates and locations for each meeting.
- Tuesday 10 July – venue to be confimed
- Tuesday 25 September – Beaumont Room 1/80-81, Durham County Hall, Durham, DH1 5UQ
- Tuesday 27 November - Dryden Centre, Evistones Road, Low Fell, NE9 5UR
- Tuesday 12 February 2019 – Briefing Room 1/34-35, Durham County Hall, Durham, DH1 5UQ
2. Yorkshire and Humber Social Work Network
These meetings are held in Skills for Care offices at West Gate, 6 Grace Street, Leeds, LS1 2RP at 10.00 – 12.30.
- Tuesday 31 July
- Wednesday 19 September
- Wednesday 28 November
- Wednesday13 February 2019
For more information about this network or any of the meetings please contact Peter.Northrop@skillsforcare.org.uk.
Our social work coordinator for this area is Carol Mitchell, Locality Manager
North West social work forum
The dates for the North West Social Work Partnerships meetings are as follows:
- Thursday 28 June
- Thursday 20 September
- Wednesday 5 December.
The meeting is 13.00-15.30 at Preston Grasshoppers Rugby Club, Lightfoot Green Lane, Preston, PR4 0AP.
Please email CorporateResources@skillsforcare.org.uk to confirm your attendance.
Dates of future meetings are to be confirmed.
Our social work coordinator for the South West area is Lindsey Thomas Lindsey.firstname.lastname@example.org.