Posted on Wednesday 20th May 2020
Recruiting new workers can be challenging at any time, but during the COVID-19 pandemic the challenge is even greater. ‘Care for others. Make a Difference.’, the national recruitment campaign delivered by the Department of Health and Social Care, is raising the profile of working in adult social care nationally but we know there are lots of successful local recruitment examples and initiatives and we want to share these stories to help the sector find out how they can do the same things.
We know employers, including individual employers, are being creative in order to address their recruitment challenges through their own unique solutions or through initiatives in their localities led by local authorities, Local Enterprise Partnerships, local care associations or other local partnerships.
Tell us how you're recruiting
Skills for Care is working together with the Local Government Association, the Care Provider Alliance and ADASS and we want to hear how you’ve recruited people in the following areas:
- people returning to work in social care
- people being redeployed within the sector
- students in their final year of study who are starting their career in social care early
- people coming from other sectors.
Share your success stories
If you’ve got a recruitment solution that answers any of the above, please email firstname.lastname@example.org using the subject line ‘Sharing local recruitment solutions’ including the following information. Which area of recruitment is your initiative focused on, from the topics above?
- Who’s involved? – are you an employer or an individual employer working on your own solution or is it a joint initiative being led by your local authority or local care association or other partnership? Are you a direct payment support organisation working with individual employers and personal assistants?
- What have you done? Please include a simple outline of your solution or initiative that will be helpful to others.
- How has it helped with your recruitment challenges?
- Your contact details should we need more information.
We’re asking you to share your success stories with us by 19 June, in no more than 200 words, so we can share your good work to help others who are struggling to recruit.