We provided six months intensive on-site support to a group of the Integrated Care and Support Pioneers (Cheshire, Cornwall, Greater Manchester, Leeds, Torbay and South Devon and Wakefield) to help them identify and develop the skills, functions and expertise required to deliver personalised, integrated care.
Together with Skills for Health we helped them to:
- develop their workforce planning and redesign, including the development of new service models and roles, and the testing of integrated workforce proposals
- engage with leaders, management, workforce and wider stakeholders to co-produce a workforce solution and develop integrated working behaviours
- implement change including the development of training packages and recruitment strategies.
We did this by assessing their need and then guiding them to establish tailored flexible solutions based on their own local priorities. Find out more about how we supported these sites.
Our offer for new models of care outlines how we can support you to make the change to integrated care delivery. It highlights:
- why it’s important
- what the challenges are
- how we can help you to meet these
- how culture and leadership are fundamental to integration.
It explains how we’re working with the new models of care, including the Integrated Care and Support Pioneers, Vanguard, Better Care Fund and Integrated Personal Commissioning (IPC) sites, the Transforming Care Programme, and housing services, to support the development of an integrated workforce.
You’ll also find a useful directory of our resources which are listed under the key issues for integration.
Download our offer for new models of care
If you work in the housing sector then you may already be working in an integrated way.
But research shows that there are areas for improvement, which with a new approach to workforce development and planning, would improve the impact and outcomes for people who need care and support.
We have lots of information about why housing is an important partner in workforce integration, plus video case studies which demonstrate how housing, care and support staff have skilfully worked to respond to the needs and wishes of residents to deliver tailored care.
We also have a guide which outlines the challenges and opportunities around adult workforce development for the housing with care and support sector.
Visit our social care and housing webpage
The different ways of working together
We’ve pulled together examples of how people have been developed to work in a more integrated way.
Download our integrated working and roles document
Social care and health case studies
We have case studies which show the impact and outcomes for workforce development of:
- reduced and avoidable hospital admissions
- reablement and timely hospital discharges
- smoother transitions from hospital to care settings
- better use of resources.
Visit our Learn from others site and search for ‘health and social care integration’ to see these case studies.