Manager Induction Standards
The Manager Induction Standards (MIS) set out what a manager needs to know and understand to perform well in their role. They're a versatile tool for:
- new managers - those new to management and those new in post who have previously managed other care services.
- existing managers - to use as a benchmark of their own practice and potential learning and development needs, especially if their role has changed over the years.
- aspiring managers - to plan an appropriate development programme, increase their understanding of the expectations of a manager role and increase their potential of securing management positions in the future.
- Leadership and management
- Governance and regulatory processes
- Relationships and partnership working
- Person-centred practice for positive outcomes
- Professional development, supervision and performance management
- Safeguarding, protection and risk
- Manage self
- Decision making
- Entrepreneurial skills and innovation
Download the Manager Induction Standards
Download a print friendly version.
The 11 standards of the MIS are consistent with the 11 units within the Level 4 Certificate in Principles of Leadership and Management in Adult Care and the Level 5 Diploma in Leadership and Management for Adult Care.
Resources to support the MIS
The MIS can be used in all care settings and are a measure of good practice. To help ensure managers are competent in the MIS we've developed a some resources to support their development.
Become a registered manager member of Skills for Care
If you’re a registered manager become a member and get access to exclusive benefits and join a community of managers, committed to quality care.
£35 - join now