Download useful resources and publications for mental health social workers and managers.
Social Workers as Members of Community Mental Health Teams for Older People: What Is the Added Value?
This research report explores the contribution of social workers that work with older people with mental ill-health in multidisciplinary teams.
What Do Service Users Want from Mental Health Social Work? A Best–Worst Scaling Analysis: British Journal of Social Work (2018) 0, 1–21
This study from Manchester University explores how people who use mental health services value their mental health social workers.
Keep up-to-date with latest news and updates through these regular newsletters.
- Principal Social Worker weekly emails (PSW Network viaSkills for Care)
These weekly emails are a round up the latest news, updates and events specifically for PSWs. If you are a PSW but do not receive this, please email PSWnetworks@skillsforcare.org.uk
- Social work with adults - Department of Health and Social Care
This webpage shares insights, updates and reflections from the Chief Social Worker for Adults and others working in the field. Visit it here.
- Monthly social work briefing (Skills for Care)
This briefing shares the latest news and developments from the adult social care sector, including links to local events and developments. Sign up here.
This webpage is for anyone that works in mental health services that provide, deliver or manage mental health social work, including:
- mental health social workers
- team managers of mental health social work services
- senior managers of mental health social work services
- NHS managers who oversee integrated health and social care teams or services
- approved mental health professionals
- approved mental capacity professionals.
You might work in a range of organisations, including:
- NHS mental health trusts
- local authorities
- clinical commissioning groups
- private sector hospitals and agencies
- voluntary sector hospitals and agencies
- government agencies
- health and social care organisations.
The website is hosted by Skills for Care and managed by:
- Mark Trewin, Mental Health Social Work Lead for the Chief of Social Workers Office
- Karen Linde Programme lead for Social Work for Better Mental Health (SWFBMH)/Senior Associate Centre for Citizenship and Community
- Karen Morse, Head of Area and Mental Health Lead at Skills for Care.