Skills for Care is #CelebratingSocialCare in April
Join us in #CelebratingSocialCare this month, as we reflect on the past two years, looking at the achievements among the challenges and providing ongoing support for the future.
Skills for Care is #CelebratingSocialCare throughout April, and we’re encouraging everyone working across social care to get involved.
While we work hard to recognise and support the achievements of the social care sector year-round, this dedicated month is a time to encourage everyone to really take time to shout out the importance of social care and the dedication and skills of the people who work within it.
The campaign follows the Social Care Day of Remembrance and Reflection which was held on 17 March and the lifting of public COVID-19 restrictions, two years since the pandemic began.
We know that the impact of the pandemic is still being felt for people who work across and draw upon care. As we create a time and space for people working in social care to reflect on their achievements, we’ll also be providing information on ongoing support to help social care teams as they adapt again to the changes in how COVID-19 will be managed.
Our campaign will be running across our website, social media, and other communications channels, and we’re asking people across the sector to get involved.
We’ll be sharing blogs and articles on our website which highlight good news stories from the sector, as well as sharing stories of innovation and learning and development through the pandemic. Our CEO Oonagh Smyth will be sharing a blog looking at how vital social care has been to our communities during the pandemic, and we’ll also be rounding-up a set of resources we have to help providers continue to adapt for the future.
On social media we’re asking you to get involved by sharing your #CelebratingSocialCare messages with us. This could be telling us about an achievement that you’re really proud of, shouting out your colleague for their great work, or saying thank you to your team for their dedication over the past two years and beyond.
You can join in by doing one or more of the below.
- Download and share our social media pictures to show you’re #CelebratingSocialCare
- Post thank you messages on social media to your colleagues, tagging them and using the hashtag #CelebratingSocialCare
- Share your good news stories and stories of success throughout COVID-19 using the hashtag #CelebratingSocialCare
- Record a short video of yourself paying tribute to the hard work of your teams – don’t forget the hashtag #CelebratingSocialCare
- Encourage your teams to post their own messages of thanks to colleagues and ask them to use the hashtag #CelebratingSocialCare
- Share photos of your team and give them a public shout out for their amazing work – include #CelebratingSocialCare so we can see them too.
More information on how people can get involved can be found on our #CelebratingSocialCare webpage.
Print this page