Level 5 Commissioning for wellbeing - Learning Disability and Autism
When support for people with a learning disability is commissioned well, it can make a significant difference to someone’s life.
Having a good understanding of people with a learning disability and autistic people is a key part of everyone's skill set with a role in commissioning services.
This opportunity is available across England for commissioners, providers of health and social care services and other professionals involved in commissioning services for people with learning disabilities and/or autism.
This qualification is for anyone interested or involved with arranging or purchasing care and support for people with learning disabilities and/or autism including new or existing health and social care commissioners.
9 - 12 months including 230 learning hours of which approximately 56 hours will be self-directed.
This opportunity is fully funded, however is slightly different depending on whether you're a health or social care commissioner.
- Health commissioners - the qualification is funded directly by Skills for Care with the learning provider.
- Social care commissioner/providers - a contribution from the Workforce Development Fund (WDF) and a top up from Skills for Care, subject to funds being confirmed. The Local Authority will need to pay £1,300 upfront to the learning provider and then claim this back through WDF on completion of the qualification.
- If you don't meet any of the above criteria then you can fund this qualification yourself. In some cases you may be eligable for funding, please email us for further information.
Find a learning provider
The following endorsed training providers deliver the course:
- Hasca Ltd - Centre of Excellence - Contact Hasca
- Bespoke Consultancy and Education Ltd - Endorsed provider - Contact BCE
Find out more about this qualification
Expression of interest
Skills for Care is working with the two learning providers, Bespoke Consultancy Education and HASCA to co-ordinate cohorts of learners from Social Care and Health organisations. Download and complete this expression of Interest form once completed pleae send to email@example.com.
Read the FAQ document and the information session slides we delivered to provide commissioners with more information.
Hear from others
Hear what others have to say about the benefits of this course and how it contributes to making a difference.
Throughout 2020 a pilot was completed across the South West to deliver the qualification with a learning disability and/or autism focus.
The qualification tackles the challenge of defining and delivering wellbeing outcomes in an increasingly complex environment. It highlights not only the importance of consultation and coproduction at every stage of the commissioning cycle, but also unpicks the legislative requirements to manage the market effectively and considers the role of stakeholders while placing people at the heart of the process. - Find out more about the pilot